Monday 20 May 2013

Newcomer to de-junk, re-junk Gill Alleyne



From Gill Alleyne:-

" I'm expecting to be further inspired by the fab artists and makers who are entering work in de-junk, re-junk, as last year was just so amazing. I'm hoping to get more confidence in creating my own artwork. I became involved because I attended one of the de-junk workshops last year ran with a grant from the Merseyside Recycling and Waste Authority held in the Green Community Centre and Shop in Oxton. It introduced me to a whole new way of doing things that as a science teacher I had never considered. When I was at my lowest, the world of art and textiles gave me a huge lift! And now I am half way through a foundation diploma following a Sunday afternoon workshop with de-junk and now a contributing artist to this year's exhibition"

 

No comments:

Post a Comment